Biotin Rich Foods For Prevention Of Hair LossNovember 2, 2017 300 views
Hectic schedules and busy lifestyles makes us forget the important role diet plays in our lives.
We sometimes skip our meals trying to keep up with our schedules, which can take a toll on our health. In order to keep up with demanding times, our bodies need to be healthy and in good shape, a balanced meal, proper rest and exercise help the body function properly.
A strong and healthy immune system is essential for the body, and a stellar diet goes hand-in-hand with good health and lustrous hair. Maintaining good health can be a bit of work, but it always pays off in the long run. Adding food items rich in biotin to our diet, can help improve overall health, strengthen hair and prevent hair fall.
Let’s learn about a few food items that are rich in biotin which is beneficial for hair and the body.
What is Biotin and why is it essential for hair?
Biotin is also known as vitamin H, which enables cell growth, production and metabolism of fatty acids. It is primary in maintaining the blood sugar levels and the body’s energy cycle.
Biotin is present in many remedies related to skin, hair and nails, as deficiencies can lead us straight to unhealthy skin, hair loss or weak and brittle nails. It enables healthy nerve tissues and also eases muscle pain.
A few food items which can be included in our diets are:
1. Meat and Seafood: Lean meat and seafood are very good sources of biotin and protein. Did you know a cooked liver contains 27 micro milligrams of biotin? Salmon and sardines are known to be low in fat and an excellent source of nutrients and biotin. Red meat, pork, turkey and beef contain sufficient amount of biotin.
2. Whole wheat bread: One slice of whole wheat bread contains one to six micrograms of biotin. White bread compared to whole wheat has less amounts of it.
3. Eggs:Egg yolks are considered to be a great source of biotin. However, consuming too much egg white can also cause biotin deficiency; as eggs contain an element which binds a protein called avidin, reducing the ability to equally distribute the nutrients in the body. A lot of hair masks also contain egg yolks, which condition and strengthen the hair.
4. Dairy products:4. As we know dairy products contain calcium and also biotin. Dairy products such as milk, yogurt, buttermilk, cottage cheese are rich in biotin.
5. Soya beans: Believe it or not a little serving of 10 grams of soybeans contains 60 mg of biotin.Soya beans can also be added to a salad.
6. Nuts: Nuts provide biotin to the body and the best part is it can be a substitute for a snack. Almonds, pecans, hazelnuts and cashews can be easily carried when you’re out and substitute as a healthy snack.
7. Vegetables : Believe it or not onions, cucumbers, cabbage and cauliflower contain biotin and are highly beneficial when included in diet. Boiled or steamed vegetables are also very healthy they can be had with meat as a side or just by themselves in a fresh salad.
8. Fruits: Fruits are always considered as a good source of biotin and iron for the body. Avocado is a rich source of biotin and can be consumed regularly. Strawberries, raspberries and cranberries are rich in biotin and antioxidants, which do wonders for your hair and health. Fruit salads are refreshing and nutritious they can be a substitute for sugary treats and desserts.
9. Beverages: Tea, coffee, beer and wine also contain biotin, however, these beverages shouldn’t be consumed in large quantities, as they contain caffeine and can cause various effects on the body. Washing hair with beer is also acts as a conditioner for the hair.
10. Sunflower seeds: These seeds contain biotin, vitamin E, B, calcium,potassium and magnesium. They can be easily incorporated in our daily diets, consumed as a snack or added as a topping to a salad.
Adding these items to our diet isn’t just beneficial for the body, but it is also great for hair, skin and even nails. A few changes in our diet and lifestyle can reverse hair fall and improve our health. So, don’t wait any longer to add these rich food items to your diet, see the results for yourself.
We hope that our blog has helped in learning the various food items that are essential for the body’s health. If you have any queries regarding your hair, feel free to connect with us via our website or phone. We would be happy to assist you with any of your hair queries.