What is Arm Lift Surgery? Is arm lift surgery painful?May 18, 2017 209 views
Beautifully contoured body is everyone’s wish… Check out this article to know more about what an arm lift procedure can do to get you toned arms….
A beautifully shaped body and toned muscle are attractive to everyone’s eyes. So when we look at someone who has loose and flabby skin, we often wonder how unpleasant it looks to have it that way. Nevertheless, we humans have always been capable of doing the impossible and have proved it yet again! Here we have a solution to resculpting our body to look attractive and fit.
Let’s read what it is…
What is an Arm Lift?
You probably are familiar with the idea of a liposuction surgery. It’s an amazing way to eliminate unwanted fat and tone underlying muscles of the body.
Arm lift surgery is a correction of lax skin in arms or very fatty arms. The surgery involves a liposuction combined with an arm lift to get necessary changes. The surgery is done under general anaesthesia. Garments that hold the operated arm tight should be used after the procedure for 2 to 3 months. Recovery after the surgery includes edema and bruising which usually subsides in 7-10 days. Some people will have residual fragile suture line into the inner surface (invisible) area of the arm and under the arm.
Here we will look into the possible conditions that bring in the need for an arm lift surgery. An arm lift surgery might probably cause you a light scar at the bottom of your arm. You must also be ready to manage the surgical scar…
When to Consider an Upper arm lift?
- If you feel your arms are under shaped is by the flabby underarm skin.
- If you have undergone a massive weight loss that has left you with excess flabby skin and fat pockets.
- When exercises and diet plans don’t work in toning your muscles.
How is an arm lift procedure performed?
- Your surgeon will make markings on your elbows, arms and armpits.
- You will be given general anaesthesia or an intravenous sedation.
- Your surgeon cuts out and removes the excess skin and fat through liposuction.
- The surgeon will then close the incisions with absorbable sutures and provide a firmer and a toned arm.
- The surgery might leave a scar which usually fades over a period.
Recovery after an arm lift procedure
- Recovering from the surgery might take a few months.
- Your surgeons may apply some dressings and bandages on the incision. Your arm will be wrapped with an elastic bandage or a compression garment that minimises the swelling after surgery.
- The surgeon might place a thin tube under the skin to drain out excess blood or fluid after the surgery.
- Your doctor will prescribe medication and specific instructions that you need to follow while recovering.
- It is also important to have timely follow-ups with your plastic surgeon for better recovery.
Although recovering from the surgery may take some time, we assure that the surgery is minimally invasive. The scar heals fast with the guidance of our specialists, and you can have your arms look beautiful…
At Cosmosure, we perform arm lift surgeries to restore your arm contour and your confidence as well. The goal of our aesthetic plastic surgeons and the entire staff at Cosmosure cosmetic clinic is to help you achieve best results and make your surgical experience easy and comfortable.
About CosmoSure Clinic
‘CosmoSure’ is a renowned a cosmetic surgery clinic in Hyderabad, which is considered to be the meeting point for science & art. Established in the year 2015, CosmoSure, cosmetic surgery clinic has been one of the most preferred cosmetic clinics in Hyderabad. All the procedures at Cosmosure clinic are a blend of a skilled & artistic touch. Our specialists are trained with in-depth knowledge of aesthetic science and symmetry to help individuals to improve their skin health.