Dr.Sanjeev Sasmith. BMarch 22, 2017 11 views
Dr.SANJEEV SASMITH .B is a Director of COSMOSURE Cosmetic Centre and is a well-trained and Indian Board Certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon.
He is a member of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI), Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (IAAPS), International Society of Reconstructive Microsurgeons (ISRM), AOCMF-Switzerland, Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Indian Medical Association (IMA), and Medical Council of India (MCI)
Having completed his schooling from a KFI School- Rishi Valley School, his interest in pursuing his family profession led him to procure a seat in MBBS at the reputed Kurnool Medical College, Andhra Pradesh and completed his MBBS in 1997 where he excelled as a Medical student. He did his MS General Surgery from Kurnool Medical College (Best outgoing Student) in 2002. His Super speciality training was completed from the prestigious Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences in 2008.He worked as a Senior Resident in the Department of Plastic Surgery for One year before coming into Private Practice. Having been exposed to the latest advances in the field of Microsurgery and Major trauma, his experience of more than 16 years comes handy in any major crisis and is always used for the benefit of his trusted patients. He joined a Corporate Hospital in the city and led his successful private practice from here.
He is an avid sportsperson with an aptitude for outdoor sports like Football (College Captain), Lawn Tennis (University player) Table tennis (College Captain), and Volleyball (College Player). His other interests include Hiking, trekking, swimming and cycling. He is fond of travelling and visiting new places. His passion for travelling is sometimes coupled with attending International and Various Conferences around the world and country to keep abreast with the latest developments in the field to learn new techniques in surgeries like Rhinoplasty, Liposuction, Fat augmentation techniques, etc. His finesse and dedication to the Art of Plastic Surgery, with a special interest in Fat reconstruction procedures, Rhinoplasty and Cosmetic Surgery, in general, has made him an astute Clinician par excellence. His aesthetic sense and attention to the minutest of details make Cosmetic Surgery a natural choice for his skills. His kind-heartedness and jovial countenance make him very easily approachable and joy to work with his art and attention to detail ensure excellent results with complete satisfaction for his patients.
Training and Interests:
- His quest for new knowledge and thirst for perfection led him to travel to many places like USA, Turkey, and Prague where he has been an integral part of many Training programmes.
- During his MCh training, he went for a Propeller Flaps Training session in Right Hospital, Chennai. In 2006 and was at Apollo Hospital, Chennai, National Burn Centre, Airoli, Navi Mumbai, Tata Institute for Cancer Research, Mumbai for learning Post Oncosurgical Reconstructions, Burn management and reconstructions.
- He went “Cutting Edge Facial Rejuvenation” training session held at New York, the USA in 2010.
- He has undergone Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction (UAL) training in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the USA with Dr.Jorge Perez in 2013.
- He underwent a training course in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and Advanced Rhinoplasty held in Istanbul, Turkey in 2014.
- Attended ISAPS Symposium held in Prague, the Czech Republic in 2015 on Rhinoplasty and Aesthetic Surgery with Focus on Fat Augmentation.
- Fat reconstructive procedures, Rhinoplasty, Abdominoplasty in Cosmetic Surgery.
- Microsurgery (Post oncological and Post Trauma Reconstructions) and Hand Surgery in Plastic Surgery.
He has been actively participating in Public awareness programmes and has many articles to his name. Leading newspapers and TV channels have many interviews for creating awareness amongst the common man about the need and uses of Plastic Surgery in daily life.
- “Uses of Right negative suction pressure and right Sponge Density in VAC Therapy” which was presented in the Best Paper Category at the National Plastic Surgery Conference, 2008 (APSICON, 2008).
- “Comparison of the efficacy of Intralesional Steroid therapy with other modalities of treatment in Keloids.”
- Fournier’s Gangrene: A Clinical Study.