Everything Dermatologists Wants You To Know Before Skin Whitening TreatmentSeptember 17, 2019 157 views
Regardless of age or ethnicity, all women want bright and radiant skin. For most women, the challenge of glowing skin starts with dark spots or hyperpigmentation caused by a buildup of melanin (your natural skin pigment). Women who are black or brown, the skin tone of Asian hyperpigmentation can cause uneven skin tone.
In women of Asian descent, blotchiness caused by sun damage, and the aging process affect bright and radiant skin. Other barriers to skin cleansing include dryness and breakouts caused by hormonal fluctuations associated with life changes such as menopause and stress.
Even though it sounds the same, there are significant differences between skin whitening, brightening and lightening. Before deciding to have a skin whitening treatment, it is essential to understand these three categories, pros, cons, and even the potential health risks with the treatment. Most of the patients have many questions before undergoing treatment. Then this blog may be useful for you! Cosmosure Clinic doctors provide you about everything you need to know before skin Whitening treatment, including:
What is Skin Whitening?
Skin lightening is a process by which people reduce the melanin pigment in the skin to get a whiter skin colour. People with dark complexions have more melanin, and the amount of melanin determines the colour of one’s skin. The Cells produce melanin called melanocytes. And they are located at the bottom of the epidermal skin layer. The amount of melanin in human skin depends on genetic enrichment. Sun exposure influences melanin production and the level of skin damage also depends on contact with chemicals.
People often use skin whitening methods for problems such as freckles, age spots, scars, moles, and even people who want fair skin. To overcome this, people use whitening products such as whitening creams, fade creams, chemical peels and also undergo laser treatments. These products work by interfering with the enzyme tyrosinase, which is very important for melanin production.
What are the Different Types of Skin Whitening Treatments Available at Cosmosure Clinic?
Skin whitening with a laser can be scary for some patients and may not be for everyone. Some patients may also avoid it because of high costs. The good news is that other treatments are there to help for skin whitening and accelerate the growth of newer and healthier skin. These methods include:
- Chemical peels: The chemical peel is a procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to smooth out its texture. It is used to treat many skin issues like acne and hyperpigmentation. In a chemical exfoliation form, the peel makes your skin to shed off the superficial layer, where a new, healthier skin grows.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive procedure used to renew overall skin tone and texture. It can improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage, acne scarring, age spots, hyperpigmentation, and other skin-related concerns and conditions. In this procedure, the doctor uses a unique applicator with an abrasive surface to gently sand away the thick outer layer of the skin to rejuvenate it.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a technique that uses vitamins, enzymes, hormones, and plant extracts as an injection. It is used to rejuvenate and tighten skin, as well as remove excess fat.
- Laser Treatment: Laser skin whitening is a medical treatment in this procedure the concentrated beams light upon the targeted areas of skin to remove unwanted, hyperpigmented, and damaged skin. Later on, the process stimulates the new growth of skin cells which ultimately leads to lighter skin tones.
How is Treatment Done?
The first step in the skin lightening process is to make an appointment with a dermatologist and tell the doctor what type of skin tone you want, and you are thinking. To get a clear idea, it’s best to have a photo of the person with the skin colour you want after talking to a dermatologist. After consulting with a dermatologist, you decide which option you want according to your health needs and financial situation.
You must plan out a recovery time after treatment. Laser treatment and chemical peels take several weeks for recovery. After treatment, it is necessary to treat your skin with certain care products. Sunscreen is essential to prevent sunburn and reduce the possibility of skin darkening.
Who is Eligible for the Treatment?
Everyone is eligible for skin whitening treatment.
Who is Not Eligible for the Treatment?
People with a history of heart failure, recurring fever or cold sores, and a tendency for scars should avoid chemical peels to whiten the skin. People with very dark skin are also not recommended for a deep chemical peel treatment.
What Are The Instructions After Treatment?
Post-treatment guidelines include washing the affected area with mild soap and washing it carefully. For full recovery, it is recommended to use specific treatment products advised by the doctor regularly. In the treated area, there may be mild burning and swelling which is normal and will recover over time. It is recommended not to scrub and massage this area. Apply sunscreen regularly to avoid sunburn and darkening of skin because the skin becomes very sensitive at this stage.
How long does recovery last?
Recovery time depends on the type of treatment you use to brighten your skin. If you choose non-ablative treatment, it only takes one or two days for you to recover. However, if you have surgery like a laser, it might take 2-3 weeks for you to recover. You must then follow special post-treatment instructions to avoid darkening, irritation or sunburn.
Advantages of Skin Whitening Treatment:
Treating Skin Diseases: Many people with skin problems benefit from skin whitening treatments. For example, issues such as acne scars, melasma, hyperpigmentation, or uneven skin tone are treated with several treatments. Besides, whitening products can significantly affect the visibility of this condition and, in some cases, help to eliminate it, even if you have a severe skin condition.
Psychological benefits: Skin problems such as melasma, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation, are likely to affect you psychologically. People may develop low self-esteem and are afraid to connect with other people easily. However, the use of effective skin lightening treatments can help eliminate all mental health problems related to the skin by improving skin colour over shorter periods.
Benefits with Anti-aging: Some skin whitening treatments have had a bad reputation in the past from being tough on the skin. Nowadays, whitening treatments are no longer that hard and instead are useful to help you look younger. Some ingredients in creams can help make your ageing skin look younger include vitamin C and alpha-hydroxy acid, which stimulates collagen growth in the skin.
Preparation Before the Skin Whitening Treatment:
- To decide whether your skin is ready for treatment, the dermatologist will take you to a pretreatment regiment. Often, you need to use various skincare products that are designed to look after your skin. These products will tailor your specific skin type to reduce the potential complications and get the best result out of your laser whitening.
- Topical creams are prescribed to open pores and increase collagen production in the skin. They also accelerate cell replacement for healthier epidermal and dermal layers. When applied as directed, the cream gives the best results to the skin on regular usage as advised by the dermatologist.
- Sun exposure must be taken care of by the regular usage of sunscreens to reduce photodamage to skin post-laser treatment.
- Prophylactic antivirals and antibiotics can also be prescribed if you have a cold or a runny nose.
Laser skin whitening treatment is very useful and beneficial for those who want to get whiter skin in a way that is much faster than using whitening creams, lotions and serums. We recommend that you discuss your skin problems with a dermatologist to understand the risks of this procedure for your particular case. This way, you can take all the necessary precautions before you start right away with the laser process.
We recommend that to talk to our dermatologist, know the pre and post-procedures treatment, and take all necessary precautions before having the treatment.
However, the Cosmosure Clinic is the solution for you! Results-oriented medical experts with the highest accuracy and commitment to providing you with the best care.
Contact 8331040404 and book your appointment here!
About The Clinic:
‘CosmoSure’ is a renowned Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Clinic in Hyderabad, which is considered to be the meeting point for science & art. Established in the year 2015, CosmoSure, cosmetic surgery clinic has been one of the most preferred cosmetic clinics in Hyderabad. All the procedures at the Cosmosure clinic are a blend of skilled & artistic touch. Our specialists are trained with in-depth knowledge of aesthetic science and symmetry to help individuals to improve their skin health.