Is Laser Hair Removal Safe? And Complications During PregnancyJune 25, 2019 228 views
Removal of unwanted hair on body or face is a very time-consuming procedure for every woman. A lot of people use home-made methods such as using turmeric, waxing, shaving or tweezing for hair removal, which takes a lot of time. And the surface of the skin becomes rough. If you are seeking an advanced solution for hair removal, laser hair removal will fulfil your need.
Laser hair removal can be performed anywhere on the body where you are experiencing unwanted hair growth.
Best and Most Effective Hair Removal Treatment
Why is Laser Hair Removal is done?
Laser hair treatment, on the other hand, doesn’t harden the skin but leaves the skin as is, smooth and soft. Also, it is the safest, painless, and most effective way of hair removal.
It is one of the most frequently done cosmetic procedures. In this procedure, beams of highly concentrated light are directed onto hair follicles, and the pigment in the follicles absorb the light and destroys the hair.
Laser hair removal is a fast and effective procedure to remove unwanted hair on the body. It is also a pocket-friendly procedure.
We use different types of lasers, namely diode laser, alexandrite laser, and ND-YAG laser. The hair would fall out after 2-4 weeks of treatment.
Laser treatment success rate depends upon the hair colour and skin type. The basic principle involved in laser treatment is that the pigment of the hair should absorb the light and not the pigment of the skin. The laser should damage only the hair follicle but keep the skin as it is. Dark hair and light skin give the best results.
How to prepare for laser treatment?
If you wish to take laser hair removal, a doctor who is Board Certified in Dermatology or Cosmetic surgery and having experience in laser hair removal should be chosen.
Make sure that a doctor supervises the treatment if the procedure is performed by a physician’s assistant or a licensed nurse practitioner.
Schedule a consultation with a doctor before laser hair removal to determine if this is the appropriate treatment option for you. Your doctor will likely do the following:
- The doctor will review your medical histories such as current medication use, history of skin disorders, and past hair removal procedures
- The doctor will explain the risks and benefits of laser hair removal.
- The doctor shall also take a photo of you to show the before-and-after assessment and long-term reviews
- The doctor will explain the treatment plan and the cost of treatment.
Instructions to prepare for laser hair removal:
- Staying in the shade (avoid Sun rays)
- Lightening your skin
- Avoiding other hair removal methods
- Avoiding blood-thinners.
- Shaving the treatment site.
Is laser hair removal safe?
The laser is a beam of light in which all the waves of light are on the same phase. It goes at a particular depth. The laser has its intensity or wavelength and can penetrate to that extent only. Most of the hair removal lasers available in the market right now penetrate up to the skin level. They go to the extent of the hair follicle root, after which the effect of laser is nil.
- The hair follicle absorbs the energy from the laser and destroys the hair follicle, so yes it is safe.
- Laser hair treatment is not safe if the operator or technician or the doctor doing the procedure is not trained properly or if the laser instrument is not calibrated.
- It is only unsafe which can occur with the result of the procedure they are:
- Burns: Typically, the cause of burns occurs if the right kind of laser not used for an individual skin type.
- Skin colour, texture, hair thickens this three are very important aspects to consider before undergoing the laser treatment.
- It should not be done on tanned skin. Pigmentation of the skin plays a big role in how the skin absorbs the light beams, and the tanned skin can impair the way the light beams work.
Complications During Pregnancy:
- Pregnancy brings such a significant change in a woman’s life that it gives rise to a thousand questions.
- There are no studies to shed light on the effects of laser treatment on pregnant women. However, it is not considered safe to undergo laser treatment while being pregnant. It is safe to undergo laser treatment after giving birth.
Best solutions to remove unwanted hair during pregnancy
- Soft waxing is one of the safest solutions for removal of unwanted hair during pregnancy.
What are the pros?
- A laser treatment used for permanent hair reduction is an FDA approved the method. It is a reliable, sophisticated method. In trained hands, side effects with the laser hair removal will be minimal, and if at all in sensitive skin we want to start we can start with a little patch before we begin an actual session.
- Laser hair is done anywhere on the body, like Legs, back, underarms, bikini line, stomach, face. There is no limit to the places you can get laser hair removal.
- There will be a little redness and swelling after a few hours of the session, but that is very temporary. Skin is not broken during the treatment, so Infection is rare
- Very rarely a little temporary redness and swelling happen and very very rare that there can be superficial blister and a scab formation. If at all, it happens your doctor would prescribe an antibiotic cream, and that will approximately heal in a weeks times.
Laser removal of hair is seen as a permanent option for getting rid of unwanted hair, as against the home-made modes of hair removing such as waxing, shaving, and tweezing. The other reason for opting laser treatment is that it is less painful when compared to other modes.
Although this mode of treatment is ideal for long term benefits, it is best to consult an experienced and certified physician to discuss treatment, what to expect during and after treatment, and post-treatment care. This type of treatment has to be handled by a professional with thorough knowledge and skills only then one can know the complete benefits of laser hair removal.
Looking to clarify your questions about laser hair removal?
Want to talk with a dermatologist – Make An Appointment now!
To book your appointment,
Call at: 8331040404 / 9052620000
Email at: [email protected]
Visit Website: www.cosmosureclinic.com
About The CosmoSure Clinic:
‘CosmoSure’ is a renowned Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Clinic in Hyderabad, which is considered to be the meeting point for science & art. Established in the year 2015, CosmoSure, cosmetic surgery clinic has been one of the most preferred cosmetic clinics in Hyderabad. All the procedures at the Cosmosure clinic are a blend of skilled & artistic touch. Our specialists are trained with in-depth knowledge of aesthetic science and symmetry to help individuals to improve their skin health.