6 Tips for A Winter Glow!December 12, 2018
If you are the person who appreciates beauty, there are two things about winter which makes you restless. One, you get excited about the change in your wardrobe – now you get to explore all the different winter fashion outfits and accessories. Two, you get really worried about the health and looks of your skin.
While you can go to your favourite shopping centre and stock up on winter clothing, we bring to you some skin care tips for winter that will help you preserve the moisture and maintain the glow and a lot more.
Read on to save your skin from the dryness and treat it with a charming winter!
Skin Care Tips for Winter
During winters o as the temperature drops, so does the humidity in the air. This makes your skin dry. Again, when you step outside, your skin is abruptly exposed to cold and dry air as opposed to the warm and humid air of the indoors. This is why you need to make a conscious effort to save your skin from the cold teeth of winter.
The following skin care tips for winter can help you:
- Wash your face properly: Skin care tips for winter or summer or any other season or occasion start with proper cleansing of your face. During winter, however, do these:
You may need to change your face wash. If you were using soap or oily skin facewash during summer, same may not work for you during winters. Switch to facewash for normal or dry skin
Wash with lukewarm water – not cold and not too hot!
Remove all the makeup completely every day
Choose a cleansing oil instead of your regular face wash. This will retain the vital natural oil of your skin. In case you have active acne, use an oil-free cleanser.
- Moisturise: Many people do not understand the importance of moisturising at the proper time. It is one of the most important skin care tips for winter. Moisturise right after you wash your face. Even after you pat your skin dry, the skin is still a little damp. If you apply moisturiser right away, it will help seal the dampness in your skin. More the moisture, the better it is.Dont forget to moisture ur skin at night also
- Save your skin from the cold or the Sun: Do not expose your skin to the cold and dry air. Save your skin from the Sun as well since the harmful rays if the Sun hit your skin directly during winter due to lack of moisture. Use a sunscreen, preferably one that has zinc-oxide. Wear full-length clothes if you can. Fashion your outfit with a mystery mask or a stylish scarf to protect your face!
- Hydrate your skin from within: Only moisturising from outside is not enough. You have to ‘moisturise’ from inside as well.
Drink more water to keep your skin hydrated.
Add fresh fruits and juicy vegetables. Citrus foods have Vitamin C and seafood are rich in zinc and Omega-3 fatty acids. These foods will assist in the healthy production of elastin and collagen.
- Include skin care in your routine: When the cold breeze is blowing outside, you should make it a daily routine to take care of your skin just like you take care of your teeth. You produce a lot of dead skin cells during winter. If you have a deposit of dead cells over your skin, moisturiser cannot penetrate that to reach your skin. So, scrub and exfoliate regularly.
- Avoid irritants: It is winter; your skin is also in a challenging condition. Don’t pile up more stress on your skin by exposing it irritants and chemicals. Pollution, detergents, fabric softeners, cosmetics and a lot of other things can irritate your skin. Take careful measures, and make necessary changes to avoid irritants from getting in contact with your skin.
- Lip care: Avoid using long stay lipsticks because they make the lips dry. Use moisturizing lipstick or lip balm
- Care of Hands: Use gentle handwash and use hand cream as often as needed
The key to getting a gorgeous skin in winter is not to let it deteriorate at the beginning. Start following the skin care tips for winter as soon as winter sets in and you can have smooth and glowing skin all winter long!
About The Clinic:
‘CosmoSure’ is a renowned Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Clinic in Hyderabad, which is considered to be the meeting point for science & art. Established in the year 2015, CosmoSure, cosmetic surgery clinic has been one of the most preferred cosmetic clinics in Hyderabad. All the procedures at the Cosmosure clinic are a blend of a skilled & artistic touch. Our specialists are trained with in-depth knowledge of aesthetic science and symmetry to help individuals to improve their skin health.