Is Skin Lightening Treatment Harmful?February 4, 2020 66 views
Regardless of age or ethnicity, all women want uniform, bright and radiant skin. For most women, the challenge of glowing skin starts with dark spots or hyperpigmentation caused by a buildup of melanin (your natural skin pigment). Hyperpigmentation can be worse by genetics and ethnicity. In black and brown women of Southeast Asian descent, hyperpigmentation can cause uneven skin tone.
For women of Asian descent, blemishes and spots caused by sun damage and the ageing process damage the skin. Other barriers to clear skin are dryness and breakouts caused by hormonal fluctuations associated with life changes, such as menopause and stress.
In this comprehensive guide, you will learn everything you need to know about skin lightening and how the treatment is harmful. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about these topics, including:
Skin Lightening and Hyperpigmentation:
Hyperpigmentation is a common skin condition that refers to dark skin. Dark spots usually appear on the face and hands or in other areas that get generally exposed to sunlight. This darkening of the skin occurs when excess melanin, the brown pigment that gives colour to our skin, forms deposits on our skin. Although hyperpigmentation is not dangerous, many people do not feel comfortable with how it looks.
Hyperpigmentation spots are often caused by repeated sun exposure. Spots and other dark skin areas can become darker than when exposed to sunlight.
Another form of hyperpigmentation is melasma. The point of feeling is higher than the point of damage due to sunlight. They appear as symmetrical spots, hyperpigmented spots on the face, usually on the cheeks, bridge of the nose, forehead, chin and upper lip. Hormonal changes,genetics and excess sun exposure cause it. Pregnancy and taking birth control pills can also cause excessive melanin production due to hormonal changes.
Acne and other skin diseases can cause hyperpigmentation and dark spots after the condition has subsided. Skin lightening products were developed to balance skin tone and restore natural skin tone before hyperpigmentation occurs. If you want to see your natural skin colour, without any side effects, contact Cosmosure Clinic.
People often use skin lightening methods to deal with problems such as freckles, age spots, scars, birthmarks, zits, birthmarks, and people who want fair skin, especially those with darker skin colour. People undergo treatments such as chemical peels and laser treatments.
These products work by interfering with the enzyme tyrosinase, which is very important for melanin production and thereby reduces the amount in the skin. Melanocyte cells that produce melanin located at the bottom of the epidermis skin layer. Sometimes excessive melanin pigment production can cause various problems in hyperpigmentation.
The Best Treatment Choice For Skin Lightening:
Various types of treatments can be done to brighten the skin. Depending on your need.. Some of the most common skin lightening procedures are:
- Chemical peel to brighten the skin: This procedure uses a solution with alpha-hydroxy acid from natural extracts to remove the damaged outer layer of skin that has been enriched with melanin so that a healthier lower layer appears on the surface.
Depending on the concentration, chemical peels can be mild, moderate or deep peels. Chemical peels are a gentle choice to brighten discoloured skin by effectively reducing blemishes, complexions and dark spots, and even smoothing skin tone. Chemical peeling is to make facial skin bright.
- Laser Skin Lightening Treatment: With laser treatment, the affected skin is exposed to concentrated light rays. Because of its high energy, excess melanin is broken down and distributed in the skin by the natural immune system. The result is healthier and brighter skin. This treatment is also known as laser peel or laser abrasion. Laser treatment helps reduce anxiety about skin problems effectively such as skin pigmentation, dark spots, sunburn, dull skin and more. Laser treatment is used for faces and certain body parts.
It is usually done at the clinic by a qualified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for the best results.
- Skin Lightening Injections: Skin lightening injections use glutathione, a skin lightening agent. It stops the production of an enzyme called tyrosinase, which is involved in melanin production in the body. It is believed that this injection can detoxify the body, protect the skin from harmful UV rays and improve fair skin tone.
The use of this injection is safe but does not indicate the effectiveness of glutathione injection. Some studies show that high doses of glutathione are dangerous and can cause serious side effects. Proper evidence-based research is needed to determine the outcome of glutathione.
This injection may be available at specific dermatology clinics. Before choosing this option, however, the right research must be carried out.
- Skin Lightening Products: You will find a variety of chemical and lightening products on the market. Most of these products contain ingredients such as azelaic acid, arbutin, retinol, hydroquinone, glycolic acid, lactic acid and skin acids and many more. Some of these ingredients are popular for their bleaching properties. Although these products can immediately brighten your skin, they do not produce long-lasting results and can cause some side effects due to chemicals used in skin lightening products. They also do not allow for long-term use.
- Arbutin: Arbutin is a popular ingredient in many skin lightening products and anti-pigment solutions. Very helpful for reducing freckles, stretch marks, brighter skin tone and age spots.
How is the skin Lightening procedure done?
The first step towards a skin lightening procedure is to make an appointment with a dermatologist at Cosmosure Clinic and tell them what skin colour you are thinking. It is best to bring a photo of the person with the desired skin colour to get a clearer idea. After talking to your dermatologist, you can decide accordingly. You can also show them the picture so that doctor knows what exactly you want.
After consulting with a dermatologist and plastic surgeon, you decide which option you want depends on your health, your needs and your financial situation. In addition to a costly skin lightening procedure, this procedure is also excruciating, and you must be prepared for both.
You must plan a recovery period after treatment. Laser treatment and chemical peels take several weeks, and continuous skin lightening takes longer. After treatment, you need to treat your skin with certain care products. Sunscreen is essential to avoid sunburn and the risk of skin darkening.
How Does Skin Lightening work?
The purpose of skin lightening is not to change the the skin tone, but to remove unwanted blemishes by inhibiting melanin, which gives skin its even tone.
In various layers of our skin, there is a layer called the basal layer cells. In this layer, there are cells called melanocytes. This cell is responsible for transporting melanosomes. These are cells that contain pigments (melanin) which give us skin colour. An enzyme called tyrosinase is found in melanocytes. This enzyme is responsible for melanin production. This enzyme causes hyperpigmentation through melanin production.
Is Skin Lightening Treatment Harmful?
The following are the side effects of skin lightening as follows:
Like all other skincare procedures, skin lightening procedures carry potential risks and can include:
- Swelling, itching, and redness
- Burning sensation
- Skin infection
- Scars and dryness
- Changes in skin pigmentation
- Turning of the eyelid (ectropion)
- Scabies and blisters.
- Tightness and discomfort
- Sensitivity to the sun
- Abnormal Healing
- Recurrence of the skin tissue
Although cosmetic skin lightening is considered useful for brightening the skin, it does not always guarantee good results. Sometimes the skin condition returns, and you may need to use other treatments to get the results you want.
The skin lightening treatment is generally safe if done by a dermatologist. However, some complications, as mentioned above, can also occur, although rarely.
It is essential to consult with a reliable and experienced doctor to minimize risk. It is also necessary to talk with a doctor about your medical history before undergoing treatment.
Certain medical conditions, such as drug allergies and health problems, including previous operations and current treatments, can affect treatment results and cause serious side effects. You need to provide complete information so that your doctor can effectively determine which procedure is right for you.
In short, skin lightening treatments are not safe if you are blind without knowing the ingredients. Also, make sure that your skin lightening products are safe enough. The most important thing is that you consult a certified doctor before undergoing skin lightening treatment. Check the ingredients used in the treatment and make sure the FDA prohibits none.
The FDA does not consider OTC skin lightening products to be safe or effective. Products sold as natural skin lightening are not subject to FDA regulations. Brightening the skin is a personal decision that should not be taken lightly. It has health benefits and is associated with several severe side effects if you do not choose the best doctor for skin lightening treatment. If you are thinking about skin lightening, talk with a doctor or dermatologist about the benefits and risks.
If you are considering skin lightening treatment and needs treatment without any side effects contact Doctor at Cosmosure Clinic at 8331040404 or book your appointment at https://www.cosmosureclinic.com/book-an-appointment-at-cosmetic-surgery-clinic/